Friday, January 20, 2012

FUN FRIDAY!

We had an awesome Friday!!  Today we finished up our Snowman Books, pretended to be surgeons as we operated on contractions, and rearranged our room to get ready for our Interwrite Board!!! Woohoo!!!!  Here are a few pictures of our VERY busy day!


I think he got a little into the splatter painting idea!  What do you think?


Think they are having fun?
Can you tell my favorite season?

Let me just say... This was not a one day project!  Writing takes a very long time to perfect and get to a publishing point.  The students worked very hard on these books in their writing journals, through rough drafts, and then editing and rewriting.  VERY HARD WORK!  I'm so proud of my little people!
 Contraction Surgery!



Lastly, I plan on only using Math Tubs occassionally, as I feel like the students need more time with manipulatives.  Therefore, I created an area in our room that will be very easy for them to access manipulatives.
New Math area!

Upcoming events...
100th Day of School!

Also, look for an email about receiving the newsletter either off the blog or electronically.  I would really like to cut back on those copies if at all possible!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment